Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa Appoints Key Culinary Executives
Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa announces several new appointments to their food and beverage team as the resort celebrates a Grand Reopening this month following a nearly two-year, $150 million transformation and expansion. This talented group of associates joining the culinary team bring a wealth of knowledge and unique insight, creating inspired menus bringing exceptional culinary experiences to life.
The resort's new hires and promotions include:
Tobias Cox, Director of Food & Beverage
With a 25-year career in hospitality, Tobias Cox brings extensive expertise to Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa. Cox has a decorated career with past positions at The Ritz-Carlton and Loews properties around the country, including Boston, Kapalua and Miami. He joined Omni Hotels & Resorts in 2008 as Executive Sous Chef at Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate and went on to hold the positions of Director of Catering and Conference Services and Area Director of Food and Beverage.
Joshua Hasho, Executive Chef of Restaurants
Classically-trained by masters in the culinary world, Joshua Hasho is also no stranger to the Omni Hotels & Resorts family. He served as Executive Chef in 2012 at Omni Chicago Hotel and served as the Resort Executive Chef at Omni Interlocken Resort in Denver, Colorado in 2014 before moving back to Omni Chicago in 2017 as Area Executive Chef. Before joining Omni Hotels & Resorts, Hasho expanded his culinary horizons working for industry legends including Chef Thomas Keller at The French Laundry in Napa Valley, California, and Chef Laurent Tourondel at BLT Restaurant in New York.
"With seven unique restaurant concepts onsite, there's something delicious for every guest," says General Manager, Todd Raessler. "In addition to championship golf, first-class spa experiences and unique outdoor activities, exceptional dining experiences is one of our key pillars and we're thrilled to have a talented culinary team with years of experience as we embark on this highly-anticipated grand reopening."
Omni Barton Creek will be its own culinary destination celebrating the diversity of food that Austin and Hill Country are known for. From fresh fish, grass-fed meat and Latin-American cuisine to a sports bar and fine-dining steakhouse - seven new dining outlets will provide a variety of experiences authentic to the resort's location.
- Bob's Steak & Chop House: An award-winning steakhouse that combines simple elegance and a lively atmosphere with fine wines and large cuts of the finest prime steaks, chops and seafood.
- Blind Salamander Kitchen & Bar: Opening in summer 2019, offering seafood, oysters and lighter fare focusing on "garden to table" cuisine. This dining spot will appeal to travelers seeking a healthier dining experience including menu highlights like Redfish Crudo and Bourbon glazed Texas Quail.
- Nopales: An indoor and outdoor restaurant leading out to the resort poolscape serving Latin-American flavors. Favorite menu items include Street Corn Nachos and Spicy Shrimp Ceviche.
- Crenshaw's Bar & Eatery: A comfortable hideaway perfect for golfers and guests looking to catch a game indoors or to grab a local microbrew or an imported beer. Enjoy a Crenshaw Manhattan (a favorite of legendary golfer Ben Crenshaw) while taking in the hill country views.
- Texas Spice: Serving breakfast daily, Texas Spice focuses on local ingredients and southern-style cooking with a twist on hometown classics.
- Jim Bob's Lobby Lounge: Sophisticated and upscale lobby bar with high-end spirits and premium wines paired with local farmstead cheeses, cured meats and small plates.
- Velvet Joe's Coffee House & Artisan Wares: The resort's coffee market serving specialty coffees, grab & go breakfast and lunch fare as well as a retail space with local artisan wares and sundries.
In addition to the enhanced culinary experience, Omni Barton Creek has fully transformed into a 493-room Austin retreat and solidified its status as the number one golf resort in Texas and a premier Hill Country destination with four championship golf courses, a 13,000 sq. ft Mokara Spa and a multi-tiered poolscape with an infinity pool with breathtaking views. Taking inspiration from the lush landscape of Austin's Hill Country, the fresh design blurs the lines between indoor and outdoor experiences, with amenities and accommodations that set the standard for a world-class resort retreat layered with relaxed, yet modern, luxury.