Vesta Hospitality Recognizes Top Performers
VANCOUVER, WA. July 19, 2016 - Vesta Hospitality recently held its annual corporate executive conference at the company's Riverhouse on the Deschutes hotel in scenic Bend, Oregon. Just weeks earlier, Vesta celebrated this landmark property's grand reopening, highlighting investments that have been made in physical renovations and enhanced operational systems and staff training since Vesta acquired it in late 2015.
At the conference, which focused on core operating areas including property and revenue management, sales strategies, team building and organizational culture, Vesta recognized its top performers in the following categories:
• Hotel of the Year: Holiday Inn, Lincoln, NE. Based on overall performance in the areas of teams, guests, financial responsibilities, revenues and responsible business practices.
• General Manager of the Year: Troy Terwilliger - Holiday Inn, Lincoln, NE. Based on the General Manager Balanced Score Card, local market conditions, community involvement, staff development and leadership. (The balanced scorecard is an important cornerstone of Vesta's Mission of “Great Teams • Great Experiences • Great Results” and is based on focus areas of teams, guests, financial responsibilities, revenues and responsible business practices.)
• Director of Sales: Erick Trachsel - Riverhouse on the Deschutes, Bend, OR. Based on market share growth, leadership, implementation of new training and initiatives, and staff development, as well as results of the Balanced Score Card.
• Leadership Award: Paul Haggerty - General Manager, Comfort Suites, Redmond, OR. This award honors and recognizes an associate who demonstrates exceptional leadership qualities and energy, including in such areas as motivating and inspiring the people around them to accomplish more than they would have normally; creating a compelling vision for the future and helping others understand their role in achieving it; and setting a high standard of integrity by leading through example and maintaining high personal standards.
• General Manager Sales Leadership Award: Kari Jonassen, Homewood Suites, Vancouver, WA. Based on a number of important criteria, including driving sales through daily and weekly involvement in sales meetings and revenue management strategies, having sales team members achieve 90% of their annual SalesPro goals, communicating effectively with key account decision makers, and being able to facilitate completion of 80% of the hotel's quarterly SMART goals and annual Marketing Plan.
• Most Improved RevPAR: Renaissance Casa de Palmas, McAllen, TX. Achieved a 7.2% increase over the previous year, as measured by Smith Travel Report.
• Most Improved Profit Margin: Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Phoenix-Glendale, AZ. Year over year, as measured by year-end profit and loss statement.
• Guest Satisfaction Awards: Comfort Suites, Redmond, OR; Holiday Inn, Lincoln, NE; Country Inn & Suites; Country Inn & Suites, Portland, OR. Based on being at the top of Brand in overall guest satisfaction: Comfort Suites Redmond (OR), 14.02% ranking in Brand and 2.5% over Brand in Overall Service; Holiday Inn Lincoln (NE), 25.04% ranking in Brand and 3.3% over Brand in Overall Service; and Country Inn & Suites Portland (OR), 26.99% ranking in Brand and 2.9% over Brand in Overall Services/Facilities.
• Community Involvement Award: Comfort Suites, Redmond, OR. Recognizing an individual or team for making a significant contribution to their community.
• Associate Satisfaction Award: Country Inn & Suites, Portland, OR. Scored of 92%, based on Vesta Hospitality's Associate Opinion Survey.
• Food & Beverage Award: Renaissance Casa de Palmas, McAllen, TX. Based on a number of factors, including high satisfaction scores in the F&B area, revenue compared to budget, revenue per available room, profit percentage, positive franchise inspection scores, and overall profit dollars.
• Responsible Business Award: Homewood Suites, Vancouver, WA. Based on a number of factors, including workforce development programs, industry participation and green practices within their business.
• Accounting Award: Holiday Inn, Lincoln, NE. Based on the timeliness, accuracy, responsiveness, high Internal Audit results and accountability of the responsible personnel.
• Front Office Award: Homewood Suites, Vancouver, WA. Housekeeping Award: Comfort Suites, Redmond, OR. Maintenance Award: Holiday Inn, Lincoln, NE. Each of these is based on factors that include high guest satisfaction scores, expense controlled to budget and revenue, positive franchise inspection scores, and high Internal Audit results, as well as results of the Balanced Score Card.
Commenting on the awards and the recipients, Vesta Hospitality President and CEO Rick Takach said, “The award presentations are always a highlight of our annual conference. They represent the hard work, team effort, smart business practices, drive, creativity and service to guests that Vesta people demonstrate on a daily basis. We are extremely proud of these accomplishments and congratulate those members of our team that achieved these highest levels of distinction.”
About Vesta Hospitality
Founded in 1996 and headquartered in Vancouver, WA, Vesta Hospitality is one of the nation's leading privately owned hotel management and development firms. With a portfolio of 13 properties across the United States, Vesta continues to seek out acquisition, investment and property management opportunities across North America.