Davidson Hotels & Resorts Celebrates National Ice Cream Month With Ongoing Commitment to Give Kids the World Village
Leading Hospitality Management Company Extends "Cherry on Top" Fundraising Pledge to Support Henri's Starlite Scoops Ice Cream Shop
Davidson Hotels & Resorts, one of the nation's leading hospitality management companies, is celebrating National Ice Cream Month in honor of the forthcoming opening of Henri's Starlite Scoops, the new iconic ice cream shop at its preferred charity partner Give Kids The World Village, an 84-acre, nonprofit resort in Central Florida that provides weeklong, cost-free vacations to children with critical illnesses and their families. In an effort to support the Village in building the shop, which honors its founder Henri Landwirth, Davidson pledged to raise an additional $200,000 in 2019 and 2020 to go directly to Henri's Starlite Scoop. Within the last year, Davidson has collectively raised a total of $386,245 and over the last 20 years, the company has donated more than $3.2 million to Give Kids The World overall.
"As exemplified in our culture every day, we strive to be the difference, operate with integrity and serve others with love," said Davidson Hotels & Resorts CEO John Belden. "We believe that our core values not only drive the way we serve our customers, but also each other and our communities. Davidson has joyfully pledged our love and commitment to the Give Kids the World Village for the last 30 years; so much so that GKTW is an authentic and vibrant part of our culture. I'm so proud of the love, faith, compassion and hope that goes into every fundraising project. We truly have the best team in the industry!"
The fundraising efforts at Davidson Hotels & Resorts continue throughout July in celebration of National Ice Cream Month, including:
- $1 from every cone, cup or palleta at Uncle Andy's Ice Cream Parlor at The Don CeSar in St. Pete Beach, Fla. will be donated.
- At Baker's Cay Resort in Key Largo, Fla., all proceeds from gelato sales will be donated.
- Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center in Atlanta, Ga. will be donating 25% of all poolside ice cream and milkshake sales during the month.
- Cape Rey Carlsbad, A Hilton Resort in Carlsbad, Calif. is working with a local vendor to develop pints of ice cream packaged with special toppings in a to-go box. 10% of all sales will be donated.
- Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island, Mich. will be donating 10% of all Mackinac Island Fudge flavor ice cream sales from month of July.
- Hilton Denver Inverness in Englewood, Colo. has created housemade strawberry, peanut butter and banana flavored ice cream sandwiches. 10% of all sales will be donated.
- Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach in Carlsbad, Calif. is offering Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches or Build Your Own Warm Brownie Ice Cream Sundaes. 10% of all sales will be donated.
- Hyatt Regency Cambridge in Cambridge, Mass. is hosting weekend streetside BBQs during the month of July, selling ice cream as part of its picnic to-go offering. All ice cream proceeds from sale will be donated.
- Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort in Hollywood, Fla. created a key lime pie ice cream sandwich special available at LandShark Bar & Grill and 10% of sales will be donated in July.
- Marriott Little Rock in Little Rock, Ark. is producing and selling pints of housemade cherry ice cream, all proceeds during July will be donated.
Paradise Point Resort and Spa in San Diego, Calif. Is offering a special Warm Banana Split at Barefoot Bar and Grill, comprised of tempura bananas, vanilla ice cream, caramelized pecans, toasted coconut, strawberries, whipped cream, chocolate and caramel sauce. 10% of its sales from the month of July will be donated.
Sheraton Stamford Hotel in Stamford, Conn. will be matching donations from both guests and team members if they show a receipt up to $15 from local ice cream shops.
Thompson Chicago in Chicago, Ill. will be donating 10% of sales from the Affogato ice cream on its menu.
Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza in Arlington, Va., Hyatt Regency Cincinnati in Cincinnati, Ohio and Marriott Overland City Kansas City in Kanas City, Kan. will be donating up to 10% of sundry shop ice cream sales.
Give Kids The World Village is one of the highest-ranked charities in the nation. Since 1986, more than 170,000 children and families from all 50 states and over 80 countries around the world have had their dreams fulfilled in a whimsical Village unlike any other place on earth.