Aimbridge Hotels Lead in the Recovery as the Company Leverages Its Scale, Innovation to Be Rebound Ready
The Global Management Company Proactively Leverages Its Resources to Win in the Market, Achieving Occupancy Levels Above the U.S. Average for the Past Twelve Weeks.
Aimbridge Hospitality, the leading, global, third-party hotel management company, is rebound ready, utilizing its vast scale and resources to support its managed hotels in capturing demand, optimizing revenue, and winning in their markets to generate strong outcomes for owners.
The proactive efforts have already shown success, with Aimbridge occupancy numbers above the national average for 12 consecutive weeks. While the United States' occupancy levels have been above 50 percent for the last three weeks, Aimbridge occupancy levels have exceeded 50 percent for five weeks and, for the previous two weeks, have been above 60 percent. The week ending March 27, 2021, saw a record 60.3 percent occupancy rate for the company.
"Throughout the pandemic, we were able to leverage our deep experience and operating acumen to adjust to changing circumstances," said Mike Deitemeyer, president and CEO. "Now, as business returns in the U.S., we will continue to innovate to drive strong outcomes for our hotels and owners."
Andrew Jordan, chief marketing officer, added, "We're thinking differently about the business and how our hotels can win. As experts across eight verticals, or hotel product categories, our sales, revenue, and digital teams understand the nuance of selling in each and are able to offer personalized, focused support for each vertical. We are certainly on a positive trajectory and encouraged by the strong numbers we have already seen in booking rates for spring and summer travel."
Aimbridge has created innovative advantages at scale, taking proactive actions to drive success in the rebound, including:
- Tapping into the company's hotel sales force at its hotels across the U.S. and the Caribbean with a focused week of prospecting and subsequently closing on new business for group and corporate business transient customers. The effort resulted in nearly $50MM in current and future contracted revenue.
- Aimbridge's National Sales Organization (NSO) continues to build on earlier success, impacting group and corporate transient revenue and securing new global corporate business travel accounts in Q1.
- Aimbridge Digital remains nimble creating digital ads, flyers, and emails to capture leisure demand, weddings, and small events, while supporting the market teams with recruitment collateral.
- Building on the strength of its AIMConnect program, Aimbridge launched hybrid meetings and addition to a new partnership with a national health company to offer meeting and event clients rapid COVID-19 testing on-site at hotels across the U.S.
- Aimbridge's Revenue Management professionals have weekly updates and training as a team to deliver market share gains and greater profitability with a focus on segmentation and mix specifically for each vertical.
- Exploring above property Commercial Strategy roles providing a focused lens on revenues to optimize results.