Effective Public Relations for Private Residence Clubs and Fractional Properties
By Georgi Bohrod Principal, GBG & Associates | October 28, 2008
A key factor in the expanding niche of vacation options is a coherent and targeted public relations strategy designed to strengthen the identity and position a Private Residence Club (PRC) or Fractional Vacation Real Estate Property. Fractional Properties and Private Residence Clubs differ from resorts and hotels in that the challenge is not to get some one to spend a couple of nights at a hotel, but to purchase a membership or real estate.
With that in mind, let us consider the primary aim in a sales supporting PR effort. The goals encompass:
- Increasing attention and presence for the purpose of building brand name recognition and promoting sales
- Capitalizing on the desirability of the project's locale and building on the area's destination appeal
- Identifying geographic and demographic components for marketing
- Expanding the knowledge and benefit recognition of Fractional Vacation Homes and Private Residence Clubs in the target market areas
- Garnering editorial support with influential media ranging from travel and real estate editors to regional and daily publications Initially we put our sights on three significant arenas: specific geographic targeted areas, the real estate industry and the travel industry.
Secondarily, to increase Search Engine Optimization we include local and regional PR components to build web traffic. Using local media increases on-line exposure and building alliances with the local visitors' bureau and regional tourism boards further bolsters these results.
Within each arena, various avenues and vehicles of communication are employed to establish brand recognition for the resort and/or project. This brand identification is enhanced through an educational campaign to the general public through portals such as national and regional media, hospitality trade publications, potential marketing alliance partners, and real estate brokers and agents.
Part of any public relations plan is to develop core message points. For instance, our message for an Eco-Elegant resort in Mexico is: The resort ground breaking, forward thinking company, premiering in fully functional and beautiful sustainable design providing fractional and whole-ownership vacation resort real estate in Mexico's " Hawaii." The core message for a project in Montana is: The First Private Residence Club designed for the avid outdoorsman and his family, the Ranch offers fully-deeded partial interests in luxurious, fully-furnished homes at prices that fit your lifestyle.
The Hotel Business Review articles are free to read on a weekly basis, but you must purchase a subscription to access
our library archives. We have more than 5000 best practice articles on hotel management and operations, so our
knowledge bank is an excellent investment! Subscribe today and access the articles in our archives.