Why Hotels Should be Involved in Global Wellness Day - Part II
By Camille Hoheb Managing Director, Wellness Tourism Worldwide | July 03, 2016
Global Wellness Day (GWD) is an international, noncommercial initiative aimed at improving well-being across the world. Today, there are 3,000 locations in 100 countries organizing GWD celebrations worldwide. This article is part 2 of a 2-part series. Part-1 featured Belgin Aksoy, Founder of GWD.
As a new Ambassador to Global Wellness Day, I was motivated to write a series about GWD for several reasons.
- First - to create awareness and excitement about wellness as a lifestyle and as a business strategy.
- Second - to promote wellness to the hotel industry.
- Third - to share insights from hospitality professionals that have direct involvement with Global Wellness Day in order to encourage greater participation.
- Fourth - to provide several first-hand accounts about GWD that could be helpful in spurring support from other sectors.
This article focuses on hotels that celebrate Global Wellness Day (there are 100+ hotels and spas participating this year). Below are interviews with four hospitality professionals. Their roles range from global hotel branding to regional hotel operations and a regional association to public relations of a single property. These interviews were conducted exclusively for HotelExcutive.com readers and include:
- Jeremy McCarthy (JM), Group Director of Spa at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
- Mia Mackman, President (MM), Arizona Spa and Wellness Association and Global
Wellness Day Ambassador
- Simon Casson (SC), Regional Vice President and General Manager of Four Season
- Morgan Suzuki (MS), Director of Public Relations and Communications, Four Seasons
Hotel Westlake Village
Camille Hoheb - What roles has Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group, Arizona Spa and Wellness Association,Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village taken with Global Wellness Day?