Why Hotels Should be Involved in Global Wellness Day - Part II
By Camille Hoheb Managing Director, Wellness Tourism Worldwide | July 03, 2016
Global Wellness Day (GWD) is an international, noncommercial initiative aimed at improving well-being across the world. Today, there are 3,000 locations in 100 countries organizing GWD celebrations worldwide. This article is part 2 of a 2-part series. Part-1 featured Belgin Aksoy, Founder of GWD.
As a new Ambassador to Global Wellness Day, I was motivated to write a series about GWD for several reasons.
- First - to create awareness and excitement about wellness as a lifestyle and as a business strategy.
- Second - to promote wellness to the hotel industry.
- Third - to share insights from hospitality professionals that have direct involvement with Global Wellness Day in order to encourage greater participation.
- Fourth - to provide several first-hand accounts about GWD that could be helpful in spurring support from other sectors.
This article focuses on hotels that celebrate Global Wellness Day (there are 100+ hotels and spas participating this year). Below are interviews with four hospitality professionals. Their roles range from global hotel branding to regional hotel operations and a regional association to public relations of a single property. These interviews were conducted exclusively for HotelExcutive.com readers and include:
- Jeremy McCarthy (JM), Group Director of Spa at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
- Mia Mackman, President (MM), Arizona Spa and Wellness Association and Global
Wellness Day Ambassador
- Simon Casson (SC), Regional Vice President and General Manager of Four Season
- Morgan Suzuki (MS), Director of Public Relations and Communications, Four Seasons
Hotel Westlake Village
Camille Hoheb - What roles has Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group, Arizona Spa and Wellness Association,Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village taken with Global Wellness Day?
The Hotel Business Review articles are free to read on a weekly basis, but you must purchase a subscription to access
our library archives. We have more than 5000 best practice articles on hotel management and operations, so our
knowledge bank is an excellent investment! Subscribe today and access the articles in our archives.