Brighter Days Ahead: Wyndham Grand Clearwater Beach Re-Opens May 16
Beachfront Hotel Welcomes Guests to Live Grand Again; Implements New Disinfecting and Distancing Protocols Throughout Hotel Spaces
Wyndham Grand Clearwater Beach, an expansive beachfront hotel situated along the Gulf shore, announces it has reopened on May 16, 2020, following its temporary closure as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. The hotel looks forward to welcoming back guests seeking a quiet seaside retreat alongside one of America's best beaches.
The health and safety of its guests and employees is a critical priority for the hotel, and the team has implemented strict procedures designed tomeet the new health and safety challenges presented by COVID-19. The hotel is adhering to the American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA) "Safe Stay" and U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) guidelines, and its 360-degree approach will include actions across all departments, including:
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be placed at key guest and employee entrances and contact areas, including lobby reception areas, restaurant entrances, meeting spaces, pools, exercise areas and more.
- All employees will receive COVID-19 safety sanitation protocol training, and employees will follow Personal Protective Equipment recommendations from the CDC.
- Public spaces and communal areas will be cleaned and disinfected multiple times per day, with an emphasis on hard non-porous surfaces such as guest elevator button panels.
- Traditional room service shall be replaced with a no-contact delivery method.
- Pool seating will be reconfigured to allow for at least six feet of separation between groups of guests.
- Meeting and banquet arrangements shall allow for physical distancing between guests, based on CDC recommendations.
"We have always had incredibly rigorous cleaning standards, and we are fully committed to enhancing these further to help provide a safe and enjoyable stay for all guests," says Wyndham Grand Clearwater Beach General Manager David Yamada. "We look forward to welcoming guests back to the resort for sun and sand along our beautiful, wide strip of the Gulf shore."
Wyndham Grand Clearwater Beach is part of Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, the world's largest hotel franchising company with approximately 9,300 hotels in 90 countries. Earlier this month, the company announced a new initiative called"Count on Us," a long-term, multi-faceted effort to build confidence among guests and to support hoteliers as it begins making preparations to welcome travelers back to its hotels. The initiative immediately focuses on further elevating health and safety protocols at Wyndham hotels in the wake of COVID-19, shoring up critical supply chains and introducing new standards, training and guidelines grounded in guidance from the CDC. Wyndham expanded its relationship with industry leader Ecolab on requiring consistent use of Ecolab's EPA-approved disinfectants in guestrooms and public spaces nationwide.
Set just 90 minutes from Orlando and less than four hours from Jacksonville and Miami, Wyndham Grand Clearwater Beach is within driving distance of most major cities in Florida and beyond. Its expansive pool area and picturesque location makes it the perfect domestic destination for memorable, relaxing beach getaways.