JC Resorts Announces the Re-Opening of Rancho Bernardo Inn
San Diego Luxury Resort Offers Abundant Outdoor Space to Relax, Reconnect and Retreat With Safety Assurance
JC Resorts announced Rancho Bernardo Inn re-opened following a temporary closure due to COVID-19, and began welcoming overnight guests on Friday, June 12. Set on 265-acres, the luxury resort is an accessible retreat to enjoy a sense of escape and reconnection. Known for its sprawling gardens and courtyards with outdoor fireplaces, acclaimed culinary outlets, three onsite pools, and 18-hole golf course, the amenities of the resort can be experienced in a safe, socially distanced setting with a focus on outdoor spaces, rest and relaxation, delicious dining and more.
"We are excited to welcome back our loyal guests and provide a retreat to our community and enthusiastic travelers in need of a change in scenery," said Jamie Lemon, general manager. "Our home is your home for a safe and socially distanced weekend escape or staycation."
During the closure the San Diego property created a refreshed resort experience with new ways to experience the many outdoor spaces and gardens while also ensuring guests feel safe and confident during their stay. Updates to the resort experience include:
Cleanliness and Safety: Rancho Bernardo Inn is proud to be certified as Clean + Safe by the California Hotel & Lodging Association for meeting their rigorous safety criteria. Highlights include:
- Increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in all public areas, guest rooms and back-of-house. All high-contact areas are cleaned with increased frequency by a dedicated team
- All seating throughout the resort has been modified to reflect social distancing guidelines
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are easily accessible by guests and employees and have been installed throughout the property
- Water temperatures are routinely monitored to ensure the highest levels of sanitation
- Valet services are temporarily suspended and replaced with self-parking, available to all guests free of charge
Accommodations: As a low-rise resort, guest rooms are spaced out in separate wings and most are accessible through open-air entries and without required use of an elevator. Updates to the check-in process and guest rooms includes:
- Pre-booked personal check-ins in open-air entries are available to minimize interactions with other guests
- Virtual check-out is available via TV or phone
- Bell service and luggage assistance is available by request, all bell carts are fully sanitized
Culinary: Various dining options are available for guests to delight in, from fresh fare with a Southern California twist at Veranda Fireside Lounge and Restaurant to progressive cuisine with homegrown culinary touches at AVANT. Updates to Rancho Bernardo Inn's culinary offerings include:
- Veranda Fireside Lounge and Restaurant open for patio dining during breakfast, lunch and dinner daily from 6:30 AM to 9 PM
- AVANT open for dining from 4PM - 10 PM, Thursday - Saturday (re-opening on Friday, June 12)
- Room service and poolside dining are available with packaged to-go items from Veranda
- Café Granada offers Starbucks coffee and packaged to-go dining, which can be enjoyed poolside or privately in-room. Hours for breakfast and lunch are from 6:30 AM - 2 PM, daily
Amenities and Programming: This San Diego destination resort features three onsite pools for guests to enjoy, including family and adult only pools, with social distancing guidelines in place. Pools are monitored, tested and cleaned daily by the resort's certified pool technicians, and all poolside cabanas and pool furniture are sanitized before and after each use. Pool areas such as the towel desk and the concierge counter are sanitized hourly.
The 18-hole Championship Golf Course offers golfers of all skill levels with a challenging and rewarding day on the course following its new Safe Play guidelines. The Spa at Rancho Bernardo Inn will remain temporarily closed until government and health guidelines permit re-opening.
Resort Packages: As people are seeking connections following periods of self-isolation, from close friends to immediate family, Rancho Bernardo Inn has created added-value experiences to book, including:
- Freedom from Fees: No resort, parking or cancellation fees (with 24-hour notice) for stays booked by August 31.
- Fourth Night Free + Kids Eat Free: Book three nights and get the fourth night free, plus kids eat free at Veranda (up to two children).
- Stay & Play Plus: Accommodations for one night and unlimited golf for two at RBI's Championship Golf Course. *For a limited time, choose to play an additional round of golf at the Country Club of Rancho Bernardo for just $50 per person.
- Stay 2 Nights and Save 20%: For those seeking a short break or staycation, book two consecutive nights and receive 20% off.