The Hartling Group Re-Opens on Turks & Caicos Islands With "Heartfelt Hartling Hospitality
Ahead of Re-Opening, New Programs Are in Place Across the Resorts to Address Cleanliness and Traveler Confidence
The Hartling Group, award-winning owners and operators of three resorts: The Sands on Grace Bay, The Palms Turks & Caicos, and The Shore Club Long Bay Beach, announce the re-opening of the resorts on July 22. The properties, named some of the best in the Caribbean year over year, have spacious, open-air locations on the world's most beautiful beaches. The island and government has prepared extensively for the island's reopening and opportunity to welcome guests back, in tandem with The Hartling Group which has spent countless hours training and preparing to amplify its "Heartfelt Hartling Hospitality." The resort teams have implemented new ways to enhance the experience without sacrificing the high level of service and personalized luxury experience that guests love and expect at the resorts.
Already offering some of the largest suites on the island, The Palms and The Shore Club guests also have access to tremendous beach space, multiple pools, outdoor dining venues, solo/individual activities like kayaking and paddleboarding, and more. For the ultimate in privacy, The Shore Club's Villas are gated, and include six bedrooms, private plunge pool, exclusive butler, state of the art kitchen, and every reason to never have to leave. After months of stay-at-home orders and ongoing challenges, the consistent sunshine and climate on Turks & Caicos Islands can be a welcome change of scenery for those ready to travel.
As a bespoke boutique organization, The Hartling Group is taking this opportunity to shape the future of luxury travel in the region with the thoughtful and well-executed new measures, including a new Sanitation Officer. Guests can book with confidence knowing that the experience will be exactly as described: restful, relaxing, an escape, all while recommendations from global health leaders are being followed. Guests will find staff who are more intuitive and anticipatory than ever before, as they'll be managing the day with low to no contact to align with social distancing expectations. Since early May, there have been daily trainings with every department, and new PPE materials and equipment have been purchased for the three resorts.
Stan Hartling, CEO/founder of The Hartling Group, says: "‘Heartfelt Harting Hospitality' means guests can feel confident and comfortable in their visit and the facilities. It means that even at a social distance, they know that staff will be at their service and ready to provide an amazing stay. We're committed to the five-star service and experience we have become known for and assure our guests that we are open and ready for them."Several processes and modifications have been made to the operations at the resorts, highlights include:
- EMPLOYEES: Staff will wear masks at all times, from check-in to housekeeping, food and beverage, and beach and pool attendants. All staff members will undergo a health screening and temperature check before reporting to work. Anyone presenting a fever, having recent ailments or indicating a possible exposure to COVID-19 will be sent home.
- CHECK-IN: Guests will be greeted with a warm towel, infused with sanitizer, for a fresh start when welcomed at the resorts. Check-in will be contactless: the guest will show a passport for a photo, swipe payment, and sign electronically. Pens, notepads, magazines, and similar amenities usually found in-room will be provided to guests at check-in, to ensure a fresh, never-touched set for each reservation Each guest will receive a personal care kit in their suite upon check-in with mask, sanitizer, gloves and more.
- RESORT APP: All guests will be encouraged to download and use the ALICE app on their smartphone for everything from staff requests/needs, concierge interactions and reservation confirmations, dining orders and menu review, and maintenance
- CLEANING: Portable UV wands and electrostatic misters will be used, additional sanitizing stations are being installed throughout the resort, and there will be increased frequency in cleaning high-touch areas
- FOOD AND BEVERAGE: There will be disposable menus at restaurants, and guests will be encouraged to view and order via app. Self-service will be removed. Beverage menus will feature the addition of immune boosting, low alcohol and no-alcohol beverages, including ginger, lemon and honey shots.
- ROOM SERVICE: The room service menu will grow, so that any item offered in any of the restaurant dining rooms can be delivered and recreated to be enjoyed in the privacy of the suite. Additionally, a family-style menu will be introduced. Guests can order a family-style meal from a special menu which will be delivered to the room and can be stored until it's ready to be enjoyed at the guest leisure. All suites feature state of the art Viking kitchens so they can be stored in the refrigerator or warmed in an oven if needed.
- POOL & BEACH: The number of lounges and umbrellas at the pools and beach will be reduced, and what is there will be spread out to ensure social distancing. Pool cabanas will be utilized as much as possible, offering privacy for small groups and maintaining a space from others. There will be added amenities for the cabanas.
- ACTIVITIES: The kids' clubs (Conch Kritters at The Palms and Jungle Jam at The Shore Club) will be by reservation only, with only one family per hour and cleaning between families. Two families will be able to book, if one is indoors, and one is outdoors. Complimentary water sport equipment will be provided and extensively disinfected between uses.
- FITNESS CENTER: Fitness room reservations will be recommended, and yoga and fitness classes will take place outdoors and have limited capacity to ensure distancing.
As recommendations from government, world, health, and travel officials are announced ongoing, The Harting Group will continue to make health and safety a priority, monitor and evolve alongside the recommendations, modify processes as needed, and remain a safe and responsible place to travel and visit. To make a reservation, please visit www.thesandstc.com, www.thepalmstc.com, or www.theshoreclubtc.com.