Halepuna Waikiki by Halekulani to Re-Open on April 1, 2021
The Award-Winning Hotel Creates Enhanced Health and Safety Procedures
Halepuna Waikiki by Halekulani announced today it will reopen on April 1, 2021 with enhanced procedures offering islanders and visitors a safe home away from home and an unparalleled guest experience. Halepuna Waikiki, which opened in October 2019, is the first luxury boutique hotel in the heart of Waikiki that incorporates the culture of Hawai'i, the aloha spirit of the islands and philosophy of Halekulani, offering guests a refined retreat where Hawaiian traditions, engaging service, and fine design enrich every guest room, dining experience, and amenity.
"We look forward to welcoming back our treasured guests and community whom we greatly miss since closing earlier this year in response to COVID-19," said Julie Arigo, the hotel's general manager. "Our primary goal is always the health and well-being of our guests and employees, and we are honored to be recognized for providing award-winning service that embodies the aloha spirit. We are excited to reopen our doors in a safe manner so travelers can feel comfortable and at home, while still enjoying the same warm hospitality guests have come to know and love at Halepuna Waikiki by Halekulani."
In compliance with government guidelines, support from medical professionals, as well as exceeding industry standards, Halepuna Waikiki by Halekulani has developed a comprehensive program to address and maintain a safe and clean environment. The "Halekulani Health" program provides stringent guidelines, while still reflecting the luxury standards that guests have come to expect. The following highlights some of the revised protocols and procedures that have been implemented:
- Mandatory Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required and provided for all employees, and employees must adhere to mandatory thermal screening and screening questions.
- Guests are required to wear face masks in all public areas (face masks and gloves available to guests upon request) and touchless hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the property.
- Housekeeping services available upon request and contactless delivery to guestrooms is provided. A minimum of 24-hours is required between use of each guestroom.
- Hourly cleaning and sanitizing in high-traffic areas such as the lobby, fitness center, pool, restaurant, restrooms, and elevators.
- The number of guests at each dining table will be limited to current Hawaii State Standards and U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Guidelines.
To welcome guests back, Halepuna Waikiki is offering a special Hawaii's Best of 2020 package, which includes daily breakfast for two, a $25 per day resort credit, and a champagne welcome amenity, starting at $274/night. To book this special package, please visit here and use promo code BEST2020.In addition to the excitement surrounding the hotel's reopening, Halepuna Waikiki by Halekulani recently received the coveted AAA Four Diamond® designation by the American Automobile Association. Overall, just 1,718 hotels and 682 restaurants have earned the AAA Four Diamond designation for 2020. Hotels at this level, which include just 6.5% of the nearly 27,000 AAA Diamond lodgings, are noted for their upscale style and amenities enhanced with the right touch of service. To earn the impressive AAA Four Diamond designation, hotels and restaurants must pass a rigorous evaluation that includes unannounced, in-person evaluations by AAA's expert inspectors.
For more information on Halepuna Waikiki by Halekulani, please visit halepuna.com or connect with the hotel on Instagram and Facebook.